If you work a regular 9-to-5 job and if you have a good knowledge of your field, then at least once in life, you must have considered working freelance. If you have had made the switch, kudos! If you are still not sure, here are top 10 reasons why you should work freelance:
Emotional benefits: There are many positives if you work freelance than a regular job and here are just the emotions-related to start with.
- Freedom: History has many proofs that we humans love nothing more than our freedom. Our nations have become free long ago but are WE really free when we are working a regular job and working on someone else’s whims and fancies?
Freelancing gives that sense of freedom, of being your own boss. That feeling of freedom alone is worth of leaving full time job.
- Happiness: Our happiness level increases many times when we feel free and spend time with our loved ones. You can watch your kids grow and enjoy lunch and dinner with family and can be happy and content.
- Power of choice: You get to choose your Employers and Projects. And you have the choice to say “No”. When you work freelance, you have the power of choice.
Personal Growth: When you work freelance, there is a huge scope of personal growth. Here is how:
- Industry Trends: When you do freelancing, you have to be up-to-date about the latest trends in industry. Otherwise you will be left behind in competition.
- Learn everything: you manage your accounts, taxes and even employees sometimes. SO get first-hand knowledge of everything.
Every other reason: Now apart from these reasons, there are many other reasons to work freelance. Here are those:
- No security in full time job: Massive layoffs have proved that there is no such thing as a job security anymore. It is same in both freelancing world and full time job.
- Economic recession: Most people are scared to switch because of the recession. But on the contrary, this is the best time ever. This is because companies are cutting back on budgets and hence, are more willing to hire a freelancer on contract than hiring an employee on full time basis.
- No dress code or confining cubicles: Say Hurray! You can work in your pajamas and no one cares about it. Also, no more of those cubicles which feel so suffocating and confining instead of providing privacy.
- Own schedule: You no longer have to beg for a leave to attend your daughter’s play. You can plan your jobs in advance and can be there when she is searching for you in the audience.
- Better working conditions: You can work freelance from wherever you want- beach, restaurant, mountains, home, café, balcony etc. You can sit back in balcony with a cup of coffee and enjoy a sun rise or sunset, while being at work. What can be better than this? You can eat, drink, smoke and do whatever you want, whenever you want, without any staring colleagues.